- In 1988, Tim Berners-Lee create a global hypertext project while working at CERN. This global hypertext project later became known as the World Wide Web.
- During 1991 to 1993 the World Wide Web was create. It was nothing like it is today. At that time, it was test only pages. Which is still an amazing accomplishment!
- In 1993, Mosaic browser was created my Marc Andreessen and Eric Bina.
- In October of 1994, the W3C was created to prevent a monopoly of any one company.
- In 1994, Andreessen formed Communications Corp. which developed Netscape 0.9 browser. They created their own HTML tags without using the standard process.
- In 1996, Microsoft released its first competitive browser, complete with its own tags and features.
- Also in 1996 Flash was developed.
- During 1998, Netscape released Netscape Communicator code under an open source license.
- In 2000, Internet Explorer was released for Mac, it was the first browser that fully supported HTML and CSS. It was also the first browser to support the PNG image format.
In the 21st century, web has been ever changing. It is becoming more and more integrated into people’s everyday lives. With this rapidly changing world of technology and web development, the web design aspect is also changing rapidly.
The source of information used in this site was derived from wikipedia.org